LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asynchronous call can not stop

A Value Change event is a "User event.  Writing to the terminal will not fire an event.  Write to a Vaule Signaling throgh a property node or use the VC even of the slider and a case structure driven by the same logic

Do not set Timeout to 0 it completely defeats the event structure and you go greedy with the loop.  The idea is to only use as much CPU as necessary not to iterate as fast as possible.

You have no event for stop VC

Something more like this :

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,212 Views)

Capture.PNG

Your original code worked but had timing issues. There was nothing to prevent the true case from starting the external VI multiple times, plus there was no delay in the while loop so everything in the loop was executing as fast as your computer would allow it. Consider something like this. I think this will give you the behavior you want. The code in the true case only gets executed if the slide is above 5 AND 5 seconds have elapsed since the last true case was executed.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,197 Views)
You should first go through the introductory tutorials online. After you have done that, check the link in my signature, I have been assembling a test application that demonstrates many of the things you need to understand.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,177 Views)

Thank again! 

But i have some trouble for now, i try to use event for boolean " Fire Alarm " or Alarm ON or Alarm OFF without sukces.

Please tell me how i must to do in this case?

p.s. slider i use only for simulation of logic . i use rs 232 serial read & VISA.  i resive date from fire sensors with arduino i/o board.

Thanks!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,147 Views)

What you need to do is to learn about Event Structures.  Watch the video here.  It will teach you about Events in LabVIEW.  You will probably benefit by watching the other videos in this series.

Bob Schor

P.S. -- this is basically the same advice you've been given before, though maybe without pointing you to the specific teaching material ...

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,135 Views)

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,127 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,104 Views)