LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

associate property node with new indicator/control

Solved!
Go to solution

How can I take a property node populated with specific fields and switch which indicator or control it is associated with? For example, if I am copying and pasting property nodes from one VI to another, and want to re-use the property node with a different indicator that requires the same fields. This will save a ton of time in not having to re-create all of the property nodes for every new indicator/control.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,119 Views)

What do you want to do with the Property nodes? Update the value or accessing the control/Indicator GUI property? I am pretty sure you can do that in a different way.

Create references and use a explicit PN and use one for updating all the controls/indicators (if it supported depending on data type)

Edit: My bad I was wrong.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,118 Views)

Right-click the property node -> link to…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,115 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sholtz

You can right-click a property node and unlink it to make it explicit as P@Anand suggests.

You can also ignore that if you wish to keep it implicit and right-click, scroll down to "Link to" and navigate that window to Pane->New Control

That will change which control the property node is linked to.  You can use either of these to get your desired result.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,112 Views)

Thanks a lot, I was having trouble googling this!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,105 Views)