cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

array

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I want to display 2 arrays (3X3 elements) from a list of 12 arrays created in labview. I've defined those 12 arrays and now I want to use a While Loop to display 2 of them (I've named them with numbers from 1 to 12 and I want to have the possibility to select which two arrays to display).

I hope you can understand my explanation of what I want to do, this is a first part of a project, but I'm new in Labview so if you could help me with some suggestion it will be great.

Thank you and  I apologize for mistakes, but English is not my native language

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,967 Views)
Solution
Accepted by MP21

If the arrays are the same size, then make a 3D array and then you just use Array Index to get the page you want.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 6
(2,956 Views)

Thank you! I will try to do like you suggested.  I managed to do using CASE Function, but I think your idea is better.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,900 Views)

I tried to create a 3D array, but i don't know how to use the third dimension of the array. As I said in the first post, I have twelve arrays (3X3 elements), and i want to display two of them. I've done that with a case structure (I put that case structure in a subVI to not be so charged the  block diagram). If you could help with a suggestion of how i could put those arrays in a 3D array it will b great.

I'll post the block diagram and the front panel for the case structure.

Thank you! 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,772 Views)

1. Use Build Array to combine all of your 2D arrays into a 3D array.

2. Use Array Index to get the page you want.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 6
(2,760 Views)

An example of using the build array function:

build 3D array.png

You can find many tips and resources here:

http://www.ni.com/getting-started/labview-basics/

Message 6 of 6
(2,756 Views)