LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

array of clusters of tables

Solved!
Go to solution

I am merely trying to design a data structure that consists of an array of clusters, with each cluster contianing a table control.  My problem is that I want each of the table control row headings to be different depending on the data that I populate into the table control.  How do I get an arry of several tables with different row headers for each table?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,611 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author id

Row and column headers are table properties not part of the tables value.  all array elements must have the same properties except for value.  You cannot have assign them differently for each element of the array.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,607 Views)

You can create your own header with an array. Use the Classic style array and Simple String as the elements.  Adjust column widths in the table to match the header array string widths. Put both in a cluster and the cluster in an array. If the table is to be a control, then you may need to write the header values with property nodes.  Assuming the headers do not change often, the performance hit from using property nodes this way should be small.  You may want to disable (but not gray out) the header arrays after writing the data so the user cannot change them.

Lynn

Array of tables with headers.png

Message 3 of 4
(2,595 Views)

Thanks Lynn I like this one as an alternative.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,589 Views)