LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

array limitation

Solved!
Go to solution

So... do you get any errors?  You never answered that question.  This could be the most important question out of all of them.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(489 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bmw318

@bmw318 wrote:

Hi,

I did so but no change. The max. number is still 10E5 and there are integers. I use %f and even %e as format string for the spreadsheet to string vi.

I read a TXT file.

Weird.

Try %d  there is no reason to use up the space of a DBL for an integer

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(481 Views)

bmw318 wrote:

I did so but no change. 

Show us what you did.

@bmw318 wrote:

The max. number is still 10E5 and there are integers.

What is 10E5? is that the same as 1E6?

I have read files and dealt with arrays that are orders of magnitude larger. Something is really wrong, but you are not giving us enough information to troubleshoot.

What kind of integers (I8, U8, I16, ....U64). What is the smallest and largest possible number? What is the delimiter? How are the lines terminated?

@bmw318 wrote:

I use %f and even %e as format string for the spreadsheet to string vi..

Why? You said they are integers. You are not making any sense with your choices here.

Attach a small version of your data file (first couple of lines, for example) and we'll take it from there.

What is the exact error message? What is the memory use in task manager for LabVIEW and for everything else.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(474 Views)

Problem found! The txt was corrupted by the sender.

Now it all fits !

Thanks !

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(437 Views)