LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

array empty after I save/close/reopen project

Solved!
Go to solution

I run a VI Script that parses a text file and creates (among other things) multiple control/indicators, along with an array that contains all the information I care about for each control/indicator (i.e. its name, address, bit mask, etc.).  This array is a 3D array of strings.  This is all created in a new VI, let's call it IP_block_1.vi.

I go to the block diagram of IP_block_1.vi and copy (CTRL-C) all the contents and paste them into the block diagram of my final VI.  I repeat for each text file I care about.

I just realized something though.  The array of strings...when I copy it into final.vi at first, everything is fine and the contents are there.  I can click the index arrows of the array indicator and see all the values.

However, once I save and close the project, then re-open it, the array is there but there are no values in it.  It's completely empty.  I don't see how this can be happening...what am I missing?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,533 Views)

Either make them a constant, or [right click -> data operations -> make current value default] for each control.

Message 2 of 4
(2,531 Views)

what am I missing?

One of these

!1.png

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 3 of 4
(2,528 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bmishoe

Of course!!!  That makes perfect sense...it's an array control so it wants a default value!!

Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,525 Views)