LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

arinc 429

hello,

I will be using SBS arinc429 PC-104 interface module and a Arinc429 PCI-8 interface board. Is there any way to test the PCI-8 interface board using LabVIEW?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,606 Views)
Since this equipment is manufactured by SBS there is no built-in functionality for it in LabVIEW, but here are some other options:

1. Many hardware manufacturers will ship LabVIEW VI's with their products that interface with their drivers. It's possible SBS has already created these.

2. You can make calls in LabVIEW to the driver dlls for the equipment, effectively creating your own VIs.

3. If the equipment comes with driver software that provides an ActiveX interface, then you can control the driver software from LabVIEW through ActiveX.

It sounds like you might already have the equipment, but I would recommend using National Instruments data acquision boards, as they are fully integrated into LabVIEW and make it a breeze to program with. We have recently released our new M Series boards which are faster, more accurate and less expensive. The software development costs in such situations generally far outweigh the inexpense of purchasing a new board.
Robert Mortensen
Software Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(2,589 Views)
Thanks alot, but i just found out that we have already ordered a DAQ. They (SBS) enclosed sample vi's with their Resource CD which should help me out with that dilemma. LabVIEW will be an important part of this project so it probably wont be the last time i ask questions!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,577 Views)