From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

arduino

Hello all....

I am new to LabVIEW and a rookie on the Arduino. I need help getting an application started that I feel passionate about. I am confident that this combination of Arduino and LabVIEW is the correct solution from what I have seen and been able to do with both. I don't have the time I would like to struggle through the basics on my own.

I am trying to stream real time telemetry data from the Arduino to LabVIEW from a Sim Racing program

I am willing to pay for hourly consulting to get this accomplished from soemone willing to do so in the off hours. It seems simple on the surface and I just need a jump start with some initial code for the base structure.

Let me know if there is interest.

Thanks;

Steve P

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,939 Views)

What is your requirement?

Here is the best place for LABVIEW+ARDUINO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,924 Views)

Dont create a duplicate post. Like I said what is your requirement?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,920 Views)

As was mentioned before, LabVIEW Interface for Arduino is currently only supported via www.ni.com/arduino.

Taylor B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,869 Views)
So thanks to everyone for your support.
So far after three days I have been reprimanded by three different people.

The double post was because I thought the first one didn't go through. Very sorry.

Posting to the wrong forum was just ignorance to what I guess you all consider to be a very simple forum structure. I then went to told where I was told to go to and posted at www.ni.com/arduino. After an hour of formatting my request, I hit send and can't even find it again. Seems that was wasted time also.

Sorry to take everyone's time. I will try to find a different avenue to get support on this sotware I purchased.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,853 Views)

Hello LeftLaneLeader.

It looks like things may have gotten off on the wrong foot here- there are a couple steryotypes around the forums, and someone double-posting asking for basic help with a project without much background information or a demonstration of work already done definitely goes into the "wince" category for a lot of regulars. 

It's extremely likely that you'll be able to get pointers on general LabVIEW use, architectures, and communication protocols here and more specific advice on the LabVIEW Interface For Arduino (LIFA) package at the before-mentioned page. There are definitely a lot of forums here, and yes-figuring out which one is the right place to ask can be murky.  There may even be an example or jumping-off point for your project already posted to the community somewhere, providing more information on what you're trying to do will make it a lot easier to point out things relevant to your application. I believe the community page for LIFA may still be gatekeeping/moderating new posts, so it's possible that your message has not gone live yet.  Also- be sure to click "Publish" rather than "save", and check your community drafts if it's not up within a business day of your posting it.

If it's a consultant you're looking for, these forums may or may not be the right place to look- I'm not sure how much pick-up consulting starts here in the general LabVIEW forums, but I don't imagine it's much.  I would suggest getting in touch with your local NI field engineer and seeing if they have any contacts for this sort of thing. 

If you can provide more information on what your objective is, what you've already done (research, coding), or even some information on the sim racing program you want to run (on the Arduino, it sounds like- correct?), I'm sure that there are more than a few people that would be willing to help free-of-charge.  Demonstrating that you're making an effort and not just asking for someone else to do your work goes a long way here.

Regards,

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,844 Views)

add other useful links, greetings

NI LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Toolkit - 

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/nid/209835

Getting Started With the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino

http://vishots.com/getting-started-with-the-labview-interface-for-arduino/

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7