LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

arduino

Hi

Im a student in IT Tallaght studying Energy Systems Engineering, for my final year project I programmed labview to control 2 stepper motors via an arduino to control a solar tracking solar panel that automatically follows the suns position. The final part of my project that I'm having trouble with is a method to sample the analogue voltage from the panel through the arduino get an average of the voltage and write this to a spreadsheet every hour. I have looked at the arduino continous sampling example but cant figure out how to modify it for my needs. Any help with this issue would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,151 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,145 Views)

Thanks for the response nyc I already have LIFA installed and working perfectly as it is controlling the 2 stepper motors that control my solar panel. My problem is i cant figure out a way to modify the arduino continuous sampling VI in the examples to write to a spreadsheet every hour an average of the voltages coming from the solar panel. When I try to write the values to the spreadsheet i only get 1 value as i have no way of delimiting the signal.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,117 Views)

what nyc is trying to suggest is that you should post your problems on that forum as you will have others with the same commonality and platform to discuss. probably someone there already have had that discussion. also, please use the search tool for your key words there.... Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,107 Views)

When we started working with the Arduinos, we always just opened a serial connection in LabVIEW and then read/write text strings to the Arduino (haven't yet had time to look at the available toolkit). While not the best method I’m sure, it has been reliable and easy to implement - just write a separate program that runs on the Arduino which continuously monitors for the string from LabVIEW and then have it perform the desired operation(s).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,078 Views)

Using the Arduino library you wuld just use the "Analog Read Pin" vi and read the pin at regular intervals and save it to a file.

You will need to incorperate some sort of timing and of course write to spreadsheet (hint) vi's too.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,066 Views)

hello such, any consultation with arduino is better than consult in the next group, also find, documentation, examples

https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/labview-interface-for-arduino

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,977 Views)

helllo,

i am also  tryin to code the same project. as i am new to labview can u please help me with labview coding for controlling the two motor ??

please.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,936 Views)

any consultation with arduino is better than consult in the next group, also find, documentation, examples

https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/labview-interface-for-arduino

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,902 Views)