From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

arduino PWM to Servo

I wante to blend these two example  VI's,  "Arduino Servo" and "Pulse and Transition Measurements".   So that in the end, i get a servo output (servo 1) position based on  the input from a PWM % that is comming in from a stand alone PID loop controller in SSR mode.  ANY help would be SWEET!  And YES, i'm new.  I have gotten the Arduino Servo VI to work and messed with it some.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,013 Views)

Can you please attach the example Vis you're looking at combining?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,938 Views)

So if i could figure out how to combine these examples i could have the servo respond to the temperature change via the PI control feedback Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,918 Views)

Have you looked at ni.com/arduino? You might get better luck posting on those discussion boards. There are a lot of people there discussing the Arduino examples and interfacing with LabVIEW 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,898 Views)

hello , i would like to ask if the ''servo write pulse width'' block can replace the ''servo write angle '' block to my code  in my attempt to control my servo motor  . I cant understand how  these two blocks differ to each other to my application  . Lastly there is also the ''PWM write pin '' block , can i use this block to control my servo motor rather than using the two previous blocks ? Sorry if my questions are silly i just cant find out which one to use correctly .... thnx in advance

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,608 Views)

The two VIs you are referring to serve different purposes.  The Servo Write Pulse Width VI drives the servo at a constant speed until a new PWM signal is sent.  That speed varies with the PWM signal sent to the servo.  The Servo Write Angle VI drives the servo to the specified angle.  The PWM Write Pin VI is a lower level VI that can be used to replace the Servo Write Pulse Width VI, but I would suggest working with the Servo Write Pulse Width VI if you are working with a servo.

For future reference, we have a community page dedicated to Arduino/LabVIEW interfacing, ni.com/arduino, so please post future Arduino question there.   Also, if you more questions in the future, you will be more likely to get a response if you create a new forum post as opposed to adding onto an existing one.  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,534 Views)

thank you a lot for your answer , you were really helpful . okey ! 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,526 Views)