LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

archive citadel database in MAX hangs

I am trying to Archive a 4.13 GB uncompressed DSC database on LabVIEW 2013 SP1 (although the database was started with LabVIEW 2013).  I have tried twice and it gets stuck (new location folder size is at 151 MB both times).  The progress bar says "Archiving database=20.5%" and "Copying Data=83.0%".  I have chosen the option "Destroy source data after it has been archived (local computer only)".  The status says "copying data" and I no timestamps of files in the new folder have changed after about 9 hours of waiting.  If I cancel, MAX cannot display any Citadel databases.  This is fixed if i reboot.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,549 Views)

Hello barkeram,

Where are you storing the archive (locally or remote)?

Are you following the steps in one of the following documents?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E076A0661E03F1EB862571A800079E7B

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2B0C74744BB37391862571F500067C64

Can you try to navigate to the file path of the database and duplicate the file? Afterward, manually add the new database to MAX and try to Archive the new file.

Regards,

Thomas C.
FlexRIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,509 Views)

The database is stored locally, and the archive destination is stored locally, too.

I am following the first link.

I made a backup before i started by detaching the database, copying the folder to a new folder, then re-attaching the original database.  Trying from a copy of the backup fails, too.  Today i noticed several instances of a timestamp of zero and data value NaN - not sure if that is related or not.

Also, this is a Windows 7 32-bit box with 4 GB memory.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,499 Views)

Hello barkeram,

Are you able to archive a smaller portion of the database (below 4GB)?

Can you open up the Task Manager and view your memory consumption during the archival?

Regards,

Thomas C.
FlexRIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,452 Views)