LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

application developer issues in 8.2

I developed a Vi in 8.01 and was able to depoly it succesfully. After I upgraded to 8.2 the first time I depolyed it everything was good but then I made changes to the build specs and tried to deploy it agin and started gettting errors "LabVIEW load error code 3: Could not load front panel."  for several Vi's. I know you are thinking that I made changes that could have caused this but the only changes made to the build specs was to add a support file to the list.
I read up on this error on the boards and in a round about way came to the conclusion that the build was removing the front panels of vi's that needed them. I (painfully) went through and changed the settings to not have the front panels removed on all the vi's that were having the errors and the deployment works.
So If I have a solution why am I posting? Well my question is, what possibly changed that it suddenly was removing panels that it needs and is this supposed to be a new feature? It caused me quite a headache. Also in the source file settings, I was having trouble setting the Remove Panel properties of vis. I had to set the properties for the folder to get it to change and then I noticed that if I selected a vi in a folder and then selected one outside the folder when I selected the one in the folder again its value would changed but only if it was previously unselected. Tell me I have ghosts in my machine. Help!

Thanks
Brian
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,063 Views)
bgauth:

Thank you for contacting National Instruments. I am sorry you were experiencing those issues with your application builder. Although you are using LabVIEW 8.2 (upgraded from 8.0.1), you should not be getting those errors, especially since you were able to successfully build applications in 8.0.1. It would be very helpful if you could drill down which vi (LabVIEW vi) is causing you to change these options. With this information, I can dig a little bit deeper to see if there has been a change in the function from 8.0.1 to 8.2. Please let me know what you find.

Best Regards,

Rudi N.
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,029 Views)