LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

application control

Hi,

i have vi property reference and invoke node to open the front panel of another vi from the main vi, but since the both the vi property refernce and invoke node are within a while loop( used to continously monitor whether we want to close or open the sub vis front panel ) the subvi's front panel open continuously . is there any way to presvent it.

help me out

bye
karthas
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,997 Views)
You can use the property Front Panel Window State to get the current status of the panel. It will return either Invalid, Standard, Closed, Hidden, Minimized, or Maximized. Wire the output to a case structure and open the front panel only when appropriate.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,989 Views)
Hi,

where can i find the property frontpanel window state because i couldnt find one.

bye
karthik
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,980 Views)
Are you using a version of LabVIEW older than 7.0? The property was new in that version. If you've got an older version, try using the Front Panel Window:Open but instead of doing a write, do a read first.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,972 Views)
hi dennis,

i got that but i have thi sproblem now. the front panel open and closes imeediately.

help me
karthik
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,967 Views)
You're going to have to explain a bit more about how and when you want the front panel opened or closed. You must have had some condition in your original program that controlled this. Maybe you need to AND or OR your original condition with the current front panel state. Attaching your VIs as an llb will allow someone to look at your program and see the error in the logic.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,964 Views)
Hi,

i have a main program which has links to 5 sub programs. these links are within a while loop which continuously loops to check whether to open or close the sub program ok. but when i click the link to open to open the sub program it opens and closes immediately. what shd i do here.

bye
karthik
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,960 Views)
Just a shot in the dark here but why not use an event structure (see examples) for this instead of polling to see if it is open or closed. Just put the vi or the reference and then when you hit the button associated with that VI it will open.

Post your code so we may have a look. Without seeing your code or just a portion of your code that has the problem we can only guess as to what the problem might be.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,954 Views)
Without seeing the program - both the main and the subVIs, it's hard to say. Are you using a case statement or event structure? What is the event that is supposed to trigger opening or closing the subVI? The fastest way to get an answer is to create an llb or zip file with the main and all subVIs so someone can look at it.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,952 Views)
hi,

i have attached my whole program. have a loook at it. the controlpanel_test.vi is the main program and channel1-4.vi are the sub vi's

bye
karthik
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,944 Views)