LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

application builder

I need to compile programs made in labview so that I can use them on other computers. these computers are not suiteble for Labview but probably for a stand-alone application made in labview. is this possible with Application Builder?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,116 Views)
Yes.
A computer needs the LV run-time engine to run executables built with LV, and the last tab of the app builder allows you to create an installer, which will install the LV run-time engine, along with your program, on any computer. This will increase your build time and your installation time considerably, so once you do this, you only need to replace the executable itself when you want to update the program.
You can also get the LV RTE and install it seperately.

(3,106 Views)
ok thx I was a little worried but now I'm sure I want labview 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,100 Views)
If you don't have LV yet, you should be aware of the fact that some of the features require licenses when deployed to executables. You should ask your local NI office about whether or not the specific features you plan to use require licencing, as this may up the costs. It is no reason not to use LV, just something to consider when calculating the cost.

(3,096 Views)
I also don't understand your comment that the target computers are not suitable for LabVIEW. Do you mean that you don't want to have the LabVIEW development package installed on them or that they are "powerful" enough (not fast enough, or not enough ram, etc.)? If it is the later, understand that as you are installing much of LabVIEW when you install the "run-time engine", if performance is an issue you may still have problems with executables. Also note which LabVIEW package you are considering, they don't all have the ability to make executables.
Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,090 Views)
>I also don't understand your comment that the target computers are not suitable for LabVIEW. Do you mean that you don't want to have the LabVIEW development package installed on them or that they are "powerful" enough (not fast enough, or not enough ram, etc.)? If it is the later, understand that as you are installing much of LabVIEW when you install the "run-time engine", if performance is an issue you may still have problems with executables.

Sorry, I ment that the computers might not be suitible to run labview. but also that these computers are but used by people who have no knolage of labview and merly use the program created by it.

>Also note which LabVIEW package you are considering, they don't all have the ability to make executables.

I'm aware of that.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,083 Views)