From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

application builder static lib visual c++

I am trying to compile a Labview VI into a library (DLL or LIB) which can then be used by external applications.  I am able to do this just fine, and can access the DLL in Python. 

However I am haivg trouble getting this to work in C++, particularly Visual C++.  It will compile fine, but when I get to the link stage, it gives me an unresolved external symbol error.   I have included the .lib in the linker options and the set the library path properly.   For instance, in the header file I have the following function. 

double __cdecl LVDLLTest(double a, double b);

And in my .cpp code I have the following line:

double c = LVDLLTest(2, 3);

Compiling this will result in the errror:

Error 3 error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals c:\Users\OHNS\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\OCT_LabVIEW_FPGA_Interface\Debug\OCT_LabVIEW_FPGA_Interface.exe OCT_LabVIEW_FPGA_Interface

Error 2 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _LVDLLTest referenced in function "int __cdecl InitInstance(struct HINSTANCE__ *,int)" (?InitInstance@@YAHPAUHINSTANCE__@@H@Z) c:\Users\OHNS\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\OCT_LabVIEW_FPGA_Interface\OCT_LabVIEW_FPGA_Interface\OCT_LabVIEW_FPGA_Interface.obj OCT_LabVIEW_FPGA_Interface

Any ideas?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,766 Views)

Okay this is apparently a 64-bit/32-bit issue.  I was building the library in 64-bit LabVIEW, but compiling to a 32-bit target in VC++.

I used a 32-bit verison of LabVIEW to compile the lib and it worked.   Now I will figure out how to target 64-bit platforms in VC++

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,751 Views)

Hi PatrickR,

Have you had a chance to check out this webpage?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/h2k70f3s.aspx

There are differences in the way integers are displayed as well as 32 bit vs 64 bit pointers.

Justin M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,716 Views)