From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

application builder is missing in labview under tools

I have a PXI-8170 CPU along with an 8210 (SCSI & ethernet), 3 - 7144 motion cards, 2 - 1422 vision cards, 1 6031E DAQ card, 1 - 8421 RS-485 4 port card, 1 - 8422 RS-232 4 port card in an 18 slot PXI-1006 chassis.
I installed Windows XP and the updated driver for the graphics adapter and have that all working (Ethernet is not working and I have not installed the 485 and 232 drivers yet).
However, after installing Labview 7.0 full development version (complete install), I do not have the build application or shared library showing up under Tools.
I have checked and the applibs folder is not under the Labview 7.0 folder and also the software is not listed under NI MAX.
I have used the same CD on my Laptop runni
ng Windows 2000 and had no problems.
Is there a problem with XP or using Labview 7.0 on a PXI 8170 CPU?
I also called about getting a replacement ethernet PXI card that will work under XP, but have not heard anything back?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,330 Views)
> However, after installing Labview 7.0 full development version
> (complete install), I do not have the build application or shared
> library showing up under Tools.
> I have checked and the applibs folder is not under the Labview 7.0
> folder and also the software is not listed under NI MAX.
> I have used the same CD on my Laptop running Windows 2000 and had no
> problems.

It is strange that it worked before. The full development system doesn't
include the app builder; it's included with the pro system or higher. Did
you by chance purchase the app builder separately?
Message 2 of 3
(2,330 Views)
Hey Paul,

DD is correct the full system does not include the application builder. Refer to the following link for a comparison of what the different versions include.
Compare Development Systems
If you have questions on the different versions or want to purchase application builder separately please feel free to call our sales department at (888) 280-7645.

Also who did you contact about getting the replacement ethernet card? If you contacted technical support and have a service request you can always call back at 1866 275 6964 and enter your service request and you'll get routed to the person who originally took your call. If you contacted sales you could call the sales number above an
d they could put you in touch with the sales person in your area or the person you talked to previously if you know their name.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Sarah Miracle
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,330 Views)