LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

application builder, advanced call executable, LV70

Hi all !

I am using Labview 7.0 application builder to build my application. In that one, one option is there to call one more executable after installing this application.(Installer settings/Advanced/Run after installation).

1)
Can i call "*.bat" file  ? (seem like it's not working, i try but nothing happens, no error no nothing)

If i can't  call "bat" file i try (allready) to make "Great.bat" file (and then make that to exe with labview and then call that exe) but then comes next problem.

2)
when i use "System Exec.vi" (and first command line is "command.com /C md C:\123456789123") so i try make
folder "C:\123456789123" BUT there comes only a folder "C:\12345678" ???????? , it's lool like LV70 only uses a
8 characters ??.
How i can void this problem ?

3)
And if i use command "command.com /C Great.Bat", still same problem, i need to make folder more than 8 chr and
with space chr !

4)
Is there LabView 7.1 any new features conserning this ?

Can any one help me (even middle of summer holiday time) ?

-HeVi-

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,253 Views)
Hi -HeVi-,
you should use the native command interpreter cmd.com instead of the DOS compatibility interpreter command.com (which seems to be  tied to 8.3 file name format).
About 1): I never tried to execute a batch file directly, but I think that you may use cmd itself as the executable and   /c great.bat   or whatever else needed as arguments.

Paolo
Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,243 Views)

Okay !

Thanks a lot Paolo

(BTW it's insted of cmd.com --> cmd.exe)

Now *.bat file working right and i think running bat file goes like you say

Have a nice summer time ! (here north is very hot weather, allmost +25 celsius degrees)

-HeVi-

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,236 Views)