LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

appending waveforms

Hello,

I have a 1D array of 1s and -1s, and depending on the value, I have tochange the phase of a sine wave. I'm generating using the basic function generator. I need to append all the waveforms that come out of the for loop. How can I do this? Please refer to the VI attached. It seems to give the graph only for the first value of the array.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,921 Views)

First, you need to wire up the boolean constant for Reset Signal? in the sine wave generator.  The default is false.  You need to make it true so that the second time through the loop you get a different sine wave.

Second,  right now you aren't doing any appending of waveforms.  You are just building an array of waveforms.  You can use the Append VI in the Waveform >> Analog Waveform palette.  Append the waveforms together and place them in a shift register in each iteration.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 08-06-2009 09:28 PM
Message 2 of 4
(2,907 Views)

Hi RavensFan,

Thanks for the solution. It works perfect!!! One more question is: I have to add a noise waveform to this waveform. How would I do this?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,894 Views)
You can use the same sort of waveform generation for noise instead of a sine wave inside the loop.  Then you can use a normal Add function to add the two waveforms together.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,888 Views)