From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

appending digital and analog signals to a file

hello

i am taking a digital signal and an analog signal and want to append them to the one file. at the moment i am appending them to two seperate spreadsheet files but i would like to be able to append them to the same file. the digital signal is inside a stacked sequence structure that is inside a case structure that is inside a that is inside a while loop and the analog signal is inside a seperate while loop. how can i write the two values to the one file when they are in seperate while loops. i have tried to bring the data outside of the two loop but i am unable to do this

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,243 Views)

Your description of your structure is very confusing.  And the fact you said you are using a stacked sequence structure means you have already set yourself up for some problems.

I can't visualize your code.  So please attach your VI so we can see what you are doing.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,236 Views)

Hi 4268,
Thank you for using the NI forums.. I agree with Ravens Fan. It would be useful to see how your code is architected via the VI please. This will allow us to help in the best method.
What type of data file are you using aswell?
Ash

Hi 4268,
Thank you for using the NI forums.. I agree with Ravens Fan. It would be useful to see how your code is architected via the VI please. This will allow us to help in the best method.
What type of data file are you using aswell?

Ash

Ashish Naik
Automotive Business Development Manager
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,207 Views)

i am using a write to spreadsheet file

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,201 Views)

Hi 4268,
Is it possible for you to attach your code to see how it is architected. This would allow us to help you in the best possible method.
If you cannot attach your code, can you please make a quick vi to show the architecture.
Thanks

Hi 4268,
Is it possible for you to attach your code to see how it is architected. This would allow us to help you in the best possible method.
If you cannot attach your code, can you please make a quick vi to show the architecture.
Thanks

Ashish Naik
Automotive Business Development Manager
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,177 Views)