From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

app build problem.

I am trying to build an application using Wavelet transforms (Signal
Processing Toolkit) with LabVIEW ver 7.
I wish to include the run-time files on disk along with executable, but
not actually have to install run-time engine on the target machine.
When I try to run said executable on target machine, it fails to load
upon not finding LVSPT.dll.
If I force LVSPT.dll by adding it as a support file or simply placing it
in required directory, I get ERROR...
"An error occured loading VI 'Read Filter Bank Coefficients.vi' LabVIEW
load error code 21: An external subroutine required for execution could
not be found"
This happens for Read Filter Bank Coefficients.vi, Decimation Filter.vi
and Interpolation Filter.vi. All else seems well.
Any suggestions.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,767 Views)
Is there a reason you do not want to install the RTE? I found the following KnowledgeBases and I am not sure but I think installing the RTE would solve the issues. You may be able to track down the missing dlls though.
Load Error Code 21 when Running LabVIEW Executable
LabVIEW Load Error Code 21 When Running an Executable
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,766 Views)
I have to use the advenced signal processing toolset in my software.
But when i put the vi on the diagram, it make the program buged: in fact it doesn't dectect the LVSPT dll needed to use this toolset.
Hoping it was a bad installation of Labview, I tried to install it one more time, but nothing went better.
It is not much better if you try to download the toolset patch : there is a dll called "resource.dll" (???).
Why is this dll missing?
Thank you for your answer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,588 Views)

Hello Guig,

Thank you for posting to the NI Discussion Forums.  I am unaware of any “resource.dll” that is needed for the toolkit.  If this is related to the above posts, the files needed for building an application with the toolkit are outlined here (http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/5ED3D385E2D3AAFA86256DAB00775919?OpenDocument).  You mentioned reinstalling LabVIEW, but if the problems appear with toolkit VIs you might want to consider reinstalling the toolkit.  Make sure that when you remove the toolkit you do so through Windows control panel in add/remove programs.  Could you also provide us with some additional information on the problem – such as software version information (i.e. what version of LV, what version of the toolkit, etc…), as well as some screenshots of any errors you are encountering?

Hopefully we can help you to resolve this problem.  Please let me know if you have any additional information.

Travis M
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,560 Views)