LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any fast way to move objects in front panel?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there,

I don't know if this is asked before. It is not a technical question but I wonder any way to move any object/control on the front panel quickly. I try to google and search in the forum but didn't see any way to do so. Sometimes, while developing complex program, too many controls used, after a control deleted and added back, it will appear in somewhere far away from the main region. I use mouse to move it back but it is so slow.

Also, in the diagram, for a big program, moving or lining from one end to other is so slow, any way to drag one line quickly from one end to other? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,903 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PKIM

@PKIM wrote:

Hi there,

I don't know if this is asked before. It is not a technical question but I wonder any way to move any object/control on the front panel quickly. I try to google and search in the forum but didn't see any way to do so. Sometimes, while developing complex program, too many controls used, after a control deleted and added back, it will appear in somewhere far away from the main region. I use mouse to move it back but it is so slow.

Also, in the diagram, for a big program, moving or lining from one end to other is so slow, any way to drag one line quickly from one end to other? Thanks.

With try and error, I just found that pressing SHIFT while moving the objects will speed it up.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,893 Views)

Also, make sure the naviation window is not shown when moving controls.  LabVIEW taking the time to recalculate the appearance of the whole front panel or block diagram to display in the navigation window slows down the operation as well.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,856 Views)