LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

answer for lab 3 Sensors and Actuators

Hi MWTK,

You have been confusing me with the other threads. It seems you post a different questions. I have answered your other questions in here.

Regarding your question in this thread:

1. how to connect random number signal to waveform graph?

another question is why could not use the waveform graph instead of waveform chart?

if i insist want to use waveform graph,what function/ tool should i add in?

-->

Please refer to the picture below for graphical explanation about the difference between waveform Chart and Graph.

Simply say, Chart can update and plot the data when next new sample is available. Graph will wait until the sample finish updating, then plot the data.

Waveform ChartWaveform Graph

2. and how to filter the signal using filter( HPF)?

for others, could the random number signal to be filter using maybe high pass filter? i am learning..so i wish to play around with those silly things.. pleaase guide

-->

I am not sure why you want to use HPF High Pass Filter with random number input. From my point of view, it will do nothing as random number is a single point data. The reason why we use Filter is to remove certain unwanted Frequency. For example, we use Low Pass Filter, to remove High Frequency noise due to voltage fluctuation.I have attached an example of the Functionality of High Pass Filter and Low Pass Filter (Filter.vi).

3. could anyone show me how to display the random number signal to waveform chart with axis x in frequency?

and could the random number signal to be filter using maybe high pass filter?

-->

I believe these questions are answered on my previous statement. Since your data is a single point, it does not have any frequency components. Hence, what you are trying to do is simply not possible. Instead using random number, try to use Sine Waveform.vi to generate your simulated data.

I hope I clarified somethings with you. Let me know if you have another questions.

Sincerely,

Krisna Wisnu

Applications Engineer

NI ASEAN

Message Edited by Krisna Wisnu on 10-02-2008 04:21 AM
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
Certified TestStand Developer (CTD)
Using LabVIEW 8.5.1 (2008) to LabVIEW 2021
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(367 Views)

thank you.