LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

answer for lab 3 Sensors and Actuators

may i know where i could get the solution for this http://www.ni.com/pdf/academic/us/me104_lab3_2003.pdf?

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(2,804 Views)

especially how to do this

Experiment #3: View Strain Gage Output on Computer Screen

In this experiment, you will build a LabVIEW VI to measure and display the voltage output from

the strain gage sensor circuit you built in Experiment #2.

can LabVIEW VI able to construct the circuit??

please Guide!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(2,801 Views)

You really should have put this question in one of the other 2 related threads you started here or here.

You still seem to be confusing LabVIEW  which is a data acquistion and programming language with some sort of "simulation" tool.  You say you don't want to use hardware, but you are referring to a document that talks about building a real hardware circuit.

If you don't have real hardware, you can just put a numeric control on the front panel and wire that into the LabVIEW program in place of any DAQ functions you would use if you were measuring real hardware.  Instead of real measurements, you just simulate and input and let the LabVIEW VI program do whatever calculations you are trying to do.

Is this homework?  What are you really trying to accomplish at the end of the day?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(2,793 Views)

sorry.... i thought creating new thread would be better. .. i wont do it again.

ok.. please help me with this one..now i follow the Getting start with labview tutorial..then i stuck when i found a broken wire

You have connected a scalar (non-array) data type to an array of the same data type. This type conflict may be resolved by building the scalar type into an array. Check for a tunnel on a loop that has indexing incorrectly disabled.
The type of the source is double [64-bit real (~15 digit precision)].
The type of the sink is 1-D array of
double [64-bit real (~15 digit precision)].

please help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(2,786 Views)

how to connect random number signal to waveform graph? and how to filter the signal using filter( HPF)?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,764 Views)

What you have is a waveform graph and not a waveform chart.  It requires an array to be entered to plot the entire waveform.  Replace it with a waveform chart.  This takes data 1 point at a time and appends it to a history that the waveform chart maintains.

Change you loop's stop terminal to stop if true.  Put a small wait statement in the loop so it doesn't run at top speed consuming all the PC's resources.

I haven't done any real work with filtering, so I can't comment on that.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,761 Views)

another question is why could not use the waveform graph instead of waveform chart?

if i insist want to use waveform graph,what function/ tool should i add in?

Thx for your inputs....

for others, could the random number signal to be filter using maybe high pass filter? i am learning..so i wish to play around with those silly things.. pleaase guide
Message Edited by MWTK on 10-01-2008 09:22 AM
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,758 Views)

There are 3 types of graphs.

XY graph, takes a complete set of data.  The X data can have any arbitrary spacing.

Waveform graph, takes a complete waveform.  The X or time data is based on equal spacing.  An initial time (T0) and a time spacing (dT) are important parameters to assign.

Waveform chart., takes a single point at a time and the X or time data is also assumed to be equally spaced.

If you want to use a Waveform graph based on taking a datapoint at a time, you will have to build your waveform array yourself point by point using append array and shift registers to maintain the array from one iteration to the next, and write the entire waveform to the Waveform graph indicator every iteration of the loop.

I would recommend you look up examples on the various types of graphs in the example finder.  They are polymorphic meaning they can take several types of data as inputs of different data structures.

Also, I would recommend looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,745 Views)
Thank you
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,738 Views)

could anyone show me how to display the random number signal to waveform chart with axis x in frequency?

and could the random number signal to be filter using maybe high pass filter?

Thx

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,712 Views)