From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

annotation of multiple graphs that are contained in a cluster

I am attempting to implement separate annotations on graphs that i have input into a cluster but the problem is when i try to define the separate annotation values for the different plot areas, the same two annotations i have specified are placed on the same plot area. For example, i would like to place the annotation "hello" on the first plot index at x coordinate 1 and y coordinate 2. I am trying to plafe the annotation "world" on the second plot index at x coordinate 1 and y coordinate 2. I am trying to use the plot area property of the annotation cluster array. But  what is happening is that the "hello" and "World" annotations are appearing in the same plot area. I am confused as to why this is happening. How can i use the annotation list cluster control properties to place separate annotations on different plot indexes ? I have placed my labview VI in the attachment to this post. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,978 Views)

Depending on your application, an array of Waveform Graphs may not be the best option, especially if you have only a few plots. The arrays are best for a collection of similarly formatted data (including indicator properties).

If you are able to use a cluster instead, you could reference each Waveform Graph separately in the same manner you used in the VI you have posted. There is a DevZone example which does this concept by changing the color of text within each of two strings in a cluster.

Accessing Properties of Cluster Elements within an Array of Clusters

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5904

You could follow this same process as shown in the example above for annotations on several Waveform Graphs within a cluster in order to accomplish the functionality you described.

Evan See
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,925 Views)