From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

angular graphs

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello guys! 

I am trying to produce graphs like those in the JPG  (the ones on the right), to show the variation of angles as my program runs.

An expert suggested the following solution to me (please refer to the vi attached). It is really cool, but I couldn't find any way to customize it, like changing the tick interval, (what I want is 0, 15,30,45,60,75,90,... 345), changing the colour of the dial(not the needle).

I am wondering if anyone knows how to do thoses, or, if anyone has a better solution?

Thank you so much for your generous help!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,274 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author coolmatthew

Right-click on the dial (in the block diagram or front panel) and scroll down to create->property node. You'll find all kinds of things you can change, in fact the last item in the first column (stuff to change) is "Scale". This includes the range, intervals between ticks, color, etc. One good thing about this is that on the block diagram they can be wired to be written to, so you can change the properties on the fly (manually or programatically) as you run your VI.

Cameron

To err is human, but to really foul it up requires a computer.
The optimist believes we are in the best of all possible worlds - the pessimist fears this is true.
Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.
An expert is someone who has made all the possible mistakes.

To learn something about LabVIEW at no extra cost, work the online LabVIEW tutorial(s):

LabVIEW Unit 1 - Getting Started</ a>
Learn to Use LabVIEW with MyDAQ</ a>
Message 2 of 4
(2,265 Views)

If you needen't to change the dial's color when the vi is executed, you also can use the tools palette to change the color of a Frontpanel Element

2013-07-25_dial.png

Changing the ticks etc. works best with the property node camerond already suggested "right click (on dial)>create>property node>scale>range"

Regards,
Alex

Message 3 of 4
(2,245 Views)

Thank you so much for both of your replies. They are exactly what I wanted!!!

Appreciate your kind help!!!Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,240 Views)