cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

android shared variable

Solved!
Go to solution

hi all,

i have a problem with shared variable and labview android app.

I create a basic IV with while loop and a random number with shared variable.Now i Deploy all the variable and i have this message:

Initializing... Calculating dependencies... Checking items for conflicts. This operation could take a while... Preparing items for download. This operation could take a while... Deploying My Computer Deploying Untitled Library 1.lvlib Deploying Untitled Library 1.lvlib:DDVariable1\\10.211.55.6\Untitled Library 1\DDVariable1 deployed. Deployment completed successfully

now i open android app, select "connect to shared variable" and insert ip address 192.168.0.2 (ip address of my pc where run labview), but connection fail...why?

my ip address of router is 192.168.0.1 and my smarthphone is connected via wifi in the same net.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(3,408 Views)
Does or just not work? Are there error messages?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(3,379 Views)

do not appears the variable on device android because after i tried to connect, show a popup that it said to check network.I readed that i have to install Network Variable Engine, but i don't find it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(3,371 Views)

Hi,

Variable engine is integrated in LV.

But if you deploy the shared variables into a RT target, you have to install variable engine on target.

Now the question is: where the shared variables have to be?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(3,317 Views)

thanks for reply.

i'm following this paper: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/13757/en/

i created that example and i'm trying to see the shared variable in android device.

in this paper i don't understand step 3.2 :

Select Shared Variables in the Connect dialog.  Then, enter the Shared Variable server DNS or IP address as shown in the following image. Tap Connect to connect to the Share Variable Engine.

I'm using IP address of my pc in the wifi network (192.168.0.5) but don't work.which ip address i have to insert?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(3,309 Views)

Could it be a firewall setting?

Have you tried to configure the windows firewall:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0D7B86F4B4D19A5E86256F9A006EECB1

(Its also discussed in this thread)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(3,306 Views)

Also check in "Tools-->Options-->VI Server-->Machine Access" that Remote target ip is in the list (or a "*" for grant access to all).

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(3,302 Views)

i have disable windows firewall.

In VI Server i have insert " * " in machine access and exported VI.

In shared variable engine in "time server search order" add 192.168.0.5 but nothing to do with or without it.

In android device press "connect to shared variable, insert 192.168.0.5 and : Connection error, unable to connect to server,shared variable or web service.Verify the wireless connection is enable,the server is avaiable or web service is still present on that server.

this image show when i deploy .lvlib :

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(3,297 Views)

Seems that variable ip is 10.211.55.6

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(3,294 Views)

how can i change it to 192.168.0.5?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(3,287 Views)