LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

analyze dll with dependency walker

Solved!
Go to solution

That looks very much like a corrupted file! Are you sure it works at all?

Or the developer created an LLB but hid the fact by giving it a DLL extension. There is no way for us to say what the file really is without seeing it.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(830 Views)

they (dll creators) are using a dongle on the PC or on the Server.

Can this be releated?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(822 Views)

Hello Koen,

I personally think the DLL creators might be the most suitable people to answer if it the file actually is a DLL..
They may also be able to give you/provide you with other ways to access the information you want to have.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(816 Views)
Solution
Accepted by kdCMC

@kdCMC wrote:

they (dll creators) are using a dongle on the PC or on the Server.

Can this be releated?

No, not likely. that may prevent the "DLL"from being loaded into memory as shared library or more likely disable the functions it exports but DEPEND.EXE looks at first a the file image structure on the disk, and that seems to fail already. my bet is that it is not a DLL at all but another file (like an LLB) in which they put directly the LabVIEW VIs and also access them from a LabVIEW application through dynamic VI server calls.

As ThiCop already proposed, you'll have to talk to the original developers. They are the only people who can help you further if you can't post the "DLL" here.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(804 Views)

Good morning,

I think You are right.

see attachement

thx

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(788 Views)

Thanks for the info!

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(783 Views)