LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

analog output - TTL pulse

Hello, I am trying to generate a TTL pulse to use as a trigger on a PCIe-6351 DAQ card in Labview.  Can anyone provide any help?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(7,063 Views)

Hello ewv2104 Hope you are doing great!

I understand you are trying to generate a pulse to use is it as a trigger for the PCIe-6351. However the question is not very clear to me.

Actually you can generate just a simple TTL with the card to trigger some other device.

You can find an example on how to generate a Digital Pulse if you access the example finder for LabVIEW.

Help»Find Examples»Hardware Input and Output»DAQmx»Generate Digital Pulses

Also if you are looking for a situation where the acquisition is triggered you can take a look at the examples listed  under

Help»Find Examples»Hardware Input and Output»DAQmx» Analog Measurements»Voltage» Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clock-Dig start.vi.

Regards, 

Luis A.

Applications Engineer.

National Instruments.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(7,030 Views)

Let me clarify my project explanation a little more.  I am attempting to output a TTL pulse out from the DAQ card in order to trigger a high-speed camera.  I want the outputting pulse to be sent at the moment when a pressure sensor on my test device picks up its first data reading.  I already have Labview code for retrieving the data itself (which I attached to this post), I just need to incorporate a triggered pulse to turn on this camera.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(7,023 Views)

Hello, hope you are doing well!

So have you had the chance to check the examples from the LabVIEW example finder?

I am sure that you will find useful Vis there that can  help you address this task you wan.

Seems to me that you just want a digital pulse from the card to trigger a camera, In order to to so you can check out the code attached.
also you can make reference to the analog measurements with start trigger from the LabVIEW Shipping Examples.  

generate digital pulse-digital start.JPG

Message 4 of 15
(7,000 Views)

Luis -

I am looking through the examples now.  You are correct in thinking that I need to send a digital pulse from the card in order to trigger the camera.  However, I also would like to have the ability to initiate that pulse generation with the first data reading of a pressure sensor on the device I am trying to image.  Does that make sense? Thanks for all your help!

- Eddie

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(6,989 Views)

NTARChris, Hope you are doing well.

Can you please check this exampl e from the LabVIEW Example Finder, I think this might suite your application. 

Hardware Input and Output»DAQmx»Voltage»Acq&Graph Voltage-Ext Clk-Analog ref.vi.

Regards, 

LuisA.

National Instruments.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(6,949 Views)

Hi, I would like to generate a TTL pulse from a PCI-6013 DAQ card that is sent to a stimulator every 500 ms. I am having trouble with getting started. Any suggestions? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(6,928 Views)

Hello ma.amanian, 

You can find analog output examples in the NI example finder that comes with LabVIEW

Go to help on top ofthe window»Find Examples» Hardware Input and Output»Analog Generation 

also you can check under Digital Generation for TTL examples.

On the lower right you will find a description of the Required hardware you need to run the example, On the upper right you will find a description of the example, instructions etc.

Luis A.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(6,907 Views)

Hello LuisA,

I connected my phantom camera V7 (1076)  to the DAQmx 8 at slot 1. Why is this slot not detected by the labview program? and then how can i set the camera in order to run together with the labview at the same time?

i expect that i can record the images of an object at the same time with the labview recording the temperature and the pressure of the object.

Could you give an advice please?

thanks,

regards,

Manto

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(6,873 Views)

Hello Manto Hope you are doing great,

Sure thing we can help you out however as this is a different issue I would advice you to create a new post under the category it belongs to.
The reason why is because by doing so the Application Engineers from a specific team will take a look at the forums, this will ensure you will have someone watching for questions under theis scope.

Regards, 

Luis A.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(6,860 Views)