LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

analog input time period measurement using DAQmx

Hi

I am new to labview, i am stuck in a task .

My task is to measure edge to edge  time periods of 10 pulses which will be analog input e.g initially 3.3 v is there then due to some block in sensor it is dropped to zero .& again if that blocking we took out it again come to 3.3v , so ineed timing of two high edges happened for 10 pulses.  .

and if it is with in range then add  to a variable else other variable .

Can anybody help me in this to create Block Diagram of the same

I need to capture time period for the following Pic .

pdms_func.png

thanks & regards

Nitin aggarwal

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,107 Views)

How are you measuring the data? DAQ or will you be reading the waveform from the scope you got the picture from?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,081 Views)

Morning Mike

waveform I attached Was just for reference  to show what i need to capture Through labview.

basically I will use labview for this.

Thanks & regards

Nitin Aggarwal

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,052 Views)
LabVIEW is software. The question is what sort of hardware are you actually using. You can almost certainly use the scope. What sort of scope and what are the connection types (gpib, serial, usb, etc).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,048 Views)

Hi

I am using a Phototdetector In my  project

This photodetector output i want to monitor using labview.

If i am getting a pulse of <20ms Duration then c1 ++.

else >20  then c2++.

This logic i want to create in labview How to Do this ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,044 Views)
Please answer the primary question first. What hardware are you planning to use to interface the output of the photodetector to the pc? The scope or something else?

What is c1 and c2? Whatever they are, you can use a select function or a case statement. There are free tutorials available. Have you taken any?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,034 Views)

Photodetector output i will probe to DAQ card NI-6341 .

c1 & c2 Will be the counters . No i have not taken any tutorials yet . can you please send me the links for the same .

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,017 Views)

Nitin_110051 wrote:No i have not taken any tutorials yet . can you please send me the links for the same .

LabVIEW Basics
LabVIEW 101

Also be sure to go through the examples that are installed with LabVIEW.  They can be found by going to Help->Find Exampls.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,002 Views)

You can do this with counters, or a normal digital in with post processing.  Create a finite, or continuous task where you read the signals for so long, then count the edges likely with an XOR or a built in function under the signal processing palette.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,990 Views)