LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

am working on a project which involves using labview and data acquisition device 6008 and a gps moodle,how can i get it done?

the title of this project is WEB BASED AUTOMOBILE TELEMETRY

equipements: labview software, data acquisition device(USB 6008), GPS moddle, potientiometer, 3D accelerometer

the project has to be successful before 2weeks and i dont know how to begin< can someone help please?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(3,056 Views)

@ruky wrote:

the title of this project is WEB BASED AUTOMOBILE TELEMETRY

equipements: labview software, data acquisition device(USB 6008), GPS moddle, potientiometer, 3D accelerometer

the project has to be successful before 2weeks and i dont know how to begin< can someone help please?

So you're asking for help with your homework?

What, exactly, are you trying to accomplish?

Do you know how to use any of this equipment without LabVIEW?  Do you know what any of it is for?

We're not going to do it for you, but if you can be more specific, maybe we can help you help yourself.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(3,059 Views)

thanks for your reply

the project from my understanding has to monitor the accelerometer of the car. the usb 6008 is connected to a potientiometer and a gps moddle using the labview on my laptop. with the labview i would be able to monitor the acce;erometer of the car and with the gps i would be a ble to monitor the position of the car aslso using google maps

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(3,042 Views)
OK, fair enough. How much do you know about LV? Have you gone through any training? If you have to have this finished in just 2 weeks why haven't you started before now? Is this your homework?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(3,031 Views)

yes, it is my homework....i just got it today...and i would be learning alot on labview by watching videos. i have the software already on my pc so am on it

just need guidance to bring it to perfection. and i think am talking to a professional,,,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(3,019 Views)

Maybe you can start out with how you envision it should be.  Describe how you think the tasks should be performed.  Maybe then we can make some suggestions on the kinds of things you might want to do.  Then you can put something together and we can help you make it better.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(2,993 Views)
OK, sounds good. So you will be acquiring basically two pieces of information acceleration (how many axis?) and GPS position. The GPS device will probably have some sort of serial interface and other are drivers available on the forum.

In terms of overall program structure, I'm thinking a producer/consumer design pattern but with a twist: two producer loops. One for the accelerometer data and one for the GPS. The consumer loop logs the data.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(2,981 Views)

Yes we are professionals -- sort of. We make our livings working with LV. We are not however NI employees and draw no income from doing this (answering questions). So we are professional LV developers, but not professional question answerers.

What is your degree going to be in? If you are going to be doing a lot of LV work, be sure to stay hooked into the forum. In addition, I have a site where I'm trying to record a lot of the things that I have learned over the years. The link is in my signature block, feel free to check that out too.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

Message 8 of 17
(2,975 Views)

thanks for your help...please what is the site?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(2,946 Views)
Click on the tag line below my name. Or http://WWW.NotaTameLion.com .

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

Message 10 of 17
(2,937 Views)