LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alarm sound needed+cycle

is there any ready alarm sound wave files?i need this sound to be played all the time a parameter exceeds a value.if this exceed continues more than one minute i need a LED notification-i mean how to count this one minute?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,251 Views)
Ycan play wav-files using the Snd Play Wave file.vi from the Graphics and sound palette, you can probably find different alarm sounds on e.g. download.com, or use one of the system wavs.

Having a LED turned on after a minute is simple; when the alarm state goes from false to true get the current time and add 60 seconds. Keep that value e.g. in a shift register and every time you run the VI that control the alarms check if the current time is above the value in the shift register...if it is set the LED. If at any time the alarm state goes to false you let that value go straight to the LED and stop testing the time since the alarm occured...

I have attached an example. Just run the example VI, increase the slider to above 5 and the system beep will be played..
.and after the given N seconds the LED will go true as well.
Message 2 of 5
(3,254 Views)
thanks MAds with a little changes the example is doing what i want :))))
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,251 Views)

Hello Mads,

The example works great. I am using the similar concept but to increase the intensity of the sound(louder) when the timer elapses. If the time elapsed has past 5 sec the intensity of the sound wave becomes louder, then after next 5sec more loud(high freq).

Any suggestion on how to do this? I can only get to play the sound wave at fixed frequency and not able to control it with time.

TIA. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,988 Views)

I leave an example that can provide, use it in your program

Message 5 of 5
(2,423 Views)