cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

agilent SCPI commands

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys,

I am working on SCPI commands to control my instrument which is Agilent B2901A in this case.

Now, I am able to control most of parameters via SCPI commands. But I can not switch the PULSE model from "OFF" to "ON". I also wanna switch the TRIGGER model from "MANUAL" to "AUTO". I DO read the manual and did some search online but still can not find it

I know is not LV question directly, but since no one answer me at Agilent Forum, here is my last hope.Smiley Sad

Could anyone tell me what commands I need it?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,145 Views)

Search the SCPI manual for "Pulse". How about: ":FUNC PULS" ?

"Partially supported":

:TRIGger[:SEQuence[1]]:SOURce

<IMMediate|TLINk|TIMer|MANual|BUS|NSTest|PSTest|BSTest>

Message 2 of 9
(4,134 Views)

@huskerli wrote:

Hi guys,

I am working on SCPI commands to control my instrument which is Agilent B2901A in this case.

Now, I am able to control most of parameters via SCPI commands. But I can not switch the PULSE model from "OFF" to "ON". I also wanna switch the TRIGGER model from "MANUAL" to "AUTO". I DO read the manual and did some search online but still can not find it

I know is not LV question directly, but since no one answer me at Agilent Forum, here is my last hope.Smiley Sad

Could anyone tell me what commands I need it?

Many thanks

Maybe you'll have to write a "SCPI wrapper" that will translate all unsupported SCPI commands to their Agilent equivalents.  That way you will have a "SCPI-compatible" driver.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 3 of 9
(4,100 Views)

It is still not working, but thanks for reply anaway.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,091 Views)

I am not quite understand what's you mean. Is that need some sort of invoke node?

BTW, do I have a to install exactly driver? I am continuous work with a project someone left, looks like he installed Agilent 34401 instead B2901A, but so far is works. I am just not sure is that could be a reason?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,088 Views)
Solution
Accepted by huskerli

@huskerli wrote:

I am not quite understand what's you mean. Is that need some sort of invoke node?

BTW, do I have a to install exactly driver? I am continuous work with a project someone left, looks like he installed Agilent 34401 instead B2901A, but so far is works. I am just not sure is that could be a reason?

Thanks

Hi there:

There are a few things that should be addressed.  First of all, noting that the installed driver was a different model than the instrument being used wasa BIG omission of info regarding your problem.  Even though ot has nothing explicitly to do with the code you presented, it DOES mean that perhaps this code was written with the wrong instrument in mind...

I strongly suggest reading the programmer's guide for this instrument before proceding any further.  It will probably tell you exactly what you need to know.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Message 6 of 9
(4,082 Views)

well do

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,077 Views)

I just installed the exactly driver but still not work.

I read manual one more time and found out Agilent supports two sets command sets. And the PULSE command is not in the default command sets. I believe that is why I can not do it,

but what else I can do to make it work?   

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,059 Views)

@huskerli wrote:

I just installed the exactly driver but still not work.

I read manual one more time and found out Agilent supports two sets command sets. And the PULSE command is not in the default command sets. I believe that is why I can not do it,

but what else I can do to make it work?   

Let's make something absolutely clear: the driver has nothing to do with the code you showed.  Don't get hung up on the driver issue because you are actually writing your own drivers right now.  The code that you've shown us takes the place of the driver.

That being said, Agilent indeed has a second command set unique to the instrument itself.  I believe these to be desinged to work interchangeably with the standard SCPI commands, and the Agilent commands will do the job where the standard SCPI command set has no equivalent.

Good luck!  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,055 Views)