From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advanced scan vi agilent used for continous measurement

HI can anyine suggest how to create a signal from the data in the 2d array... i was able to display the data using a chart...but i want to create a signal...for tat i need time values too..but the vi which i have doesnt give me the time values....if i use absolute type of time, im getting the date and time(HH:MM:SS) in the 2d array in a very akward manner..... how to get time in seconds rite from the start of scan?

0 Kudos
Message 61 of 89
(883 Views)

Here is a snippit of the end of my "scan" sub vi.

The ouput is both string, string array, numeric, and numeric array.

That way I can use une sub vi for all my scans, if it is one channel or a series of channels

You should be able to take the numeric array output and sned it to a chart or graph

Message Edited by RTSLVU on 08-25-2009 01:34 PM
========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 62 of 89
(876 Views)

RTSLVU

Since it is a picture it is not very clear how it works..Can you please explain on the logic...and where is the time(in secs) being extracted?

0 Kudos
Message 63 of 89
(850 Views)

1.I managed to figure out that scan from string vi has been used to convert string to numbers...however later some array function has been used i dont what vi is it and why it has been used and as mentioned before where is the time stamp extracted and how?

2.Moreover  what is the advantage of advanced scan vi I was told earlier that the scanning sound is absent if advanced scan is used but it does not seem to have stopped?

3.Thirdly the advanced scan functions are available only for data logging or is it avilable for agilent 34907A multifunction modules also?I know there are drivers for this analog module too but are there different vis like EZ and advanced?

clarifications in this regard will be appreciated...

0 Kudos
Message 64 of 89
(847 Views)

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=404360&query.id=1230096#M404360

THe above  link has one way of extracting time ..But I really dont understand how it works...

0 Kudos
Message 65 of 89
(842 Views)
A simple method to plot the signal versus time is to set the x axis to represent the start time and sample rate. Have you looked at any of the chart and graph examples? One is called Real-Time Chart. The settings are down with property nodes. You DO NOT need to get the time from the instrument unless you want to. Right click on a chart and look at all of the things you can set.
0 Kudos
Message 66 of 89
(835 Views)

Hi find attached a simple vi to plot data in a strip chart using the extracted numerics in an array.

First depending on what we read and howny data we read we need to index the array by having suitable i and j values to extract one value from the array and then wire it to a bundle...and then to astrip chart.

note that in the left bottom of the pgm there is a portion to intialize and create x axis time..I also dont understand the details exactly but the whole pgm works i collected them from different examples.

note when you copy the intialization part into your pgm it will be unlinkled..you will have to right click the property node and select link to and select the name/label of the strip chart and it works.....

If there any better ways to extract the time and data as discussed in the previous post please do let meknow..

0 Kudos
Message 67 of 89
(820 Views)
IS ther any advanced scan functionality vi's to send voltage to analog DAC agilent modules?
0 Kudos
Message 68 of 89
(812 Views)
Also I am trying to set the PLC (power line cycle) settings...from labview ..i am not sure which vi can do the job..please let me know the vi or the method...
0 Kudos
Message 69 of 89
(810 Views)

siva0182 wrote:

RTSLVU

Since it is a picture it is not very clear how it works..Can you please explain on the logic...and where is the time(in secs) being extracted?

Time is seconds is not extracted, only the readings.

I simply use Labview's built in VI's to create my timestamps.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 70 of 89
(808 Views)