LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advanced scan vi agilent used for continous measurement

Please find attahed the vi where the string is converted to number.I hop ethis works I am not too sure..try it out and use the indexed array of nos and wire it to a chart.

Also Even though i have the agilent driver I am not able to open the vis in the file you have uplaoded. Can you please give me the links from where you downloaded the driver and which exact version are you using?Are you  using serial communication?

Message 51 of 89
(1,132 Views)

hi thanks....i will try this tomorrow when i go back to my office..... im using labview 8.6....i requested for an evaluation software form NI... dey have provided the device drivers cd too,.....when i open the 'find instrument drivers' it automatically downloads the necessary drivers for the specified instrument...i will send u the link tomorrow....

thnks once again...i will get back to u once i tried the vi which u have provided!

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 89
(1,119 Views)
yeah..im using serial port for communication...rs-232 cable....baud rate 57600, flow control xon/xoff...
0 Kudos
Message 53 of 89
(1,118 Views)

Hi

Thanks for the info. I mangaed to get the drivers and my pgm too is working fine.

The main problem with the drivers is WE SHOULD NOT RESET !!!!!.

i dont know why...

anyways I am also stuck up now in extracting the data into numerics and time stamp.

I tried the pgm which i sent you but it works only for the integral part of the data the decimal is lost...So i think some thing needs to be modified to extract the whole data...i did search in the forum reg string to number..in ni forum ..but there are reference only to different codes to convert string to codes..I am stil exploring for the best option..

Any ideas to extract the whole data into number is welcome.

Also How did you extract the time stamp?

0 Kudos
Message 54 of 89
(1,110 Views)

Any means using std vis  to convert to number? 

also any insight onto why "choosing reset" causes error? 

0 Kudos
Message 55 of 89
(1,098 Views)

siva0182 wrote:

Any means using std vis  to convert to number? 

also any insight onto why "choosing reset" causes error? 

I'm assuming "choose reset" sends an reset command to the equipment, causing it to be unavailable while it is resetting (I believe it's called a "Pre-set" in HP/Agilent-speak).  That would cause an error when you tried to read from it right after.  Ugh, this is all so difficult with RS-232.  At least GPIB is smart enough to wait for the instrument to come ready.  You also wouldn't have to insert delays in your code because the VI would just sit and wait for something to show up in the buffer.  Of course, both of those scenarios depend on your VISA timeout being longer than it takes for your instrument to send something to the buffer!

Bill

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 56 of 89
(1,091 Views)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

Thanks for the info. I mangaed to get the drivers and my pgm too is working fine.

The main problem with the drivers is WE SHOULD NOT RESET !!!!!.

i dont know why...

anyways I am also stuck up now in extracting the data into numerics and time stamp.

I tried the pgm which i sent you but it works only for the integral part of the data the decimal is lost...So i think some thing needs to be modified to extract the whole data...i did search in the forum reg string to number..in ni forum ..but there are reference only to different codes to convert string to codes..I am stil exploring for the best option..

Any ideas to extract the whole data into number is welcome.

Also How did you extract the time stamp?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi...

i set up the time in the instrument also i gave an option in the scan field (boolean) for absolute and realtive time.... hmmm.... i seriously do not know how to do all this stuff..... i juz started using LABVIEW 4 days before...but i have been assigned this work...so i need to finish and learn as well 🙂

i will try the vi which u sent me..

thnks

0 Kudos
Message 57 of 89
(1,084 Views)

Hi siva....

i was to able to get the decimal part too.......instead of using decimal string to number .....use frat/exp to number...simple..we will get the value of current with decimal places...i am attaching the vi here.....

so..now my question is... are these values of current enough to create a waveform chart?? the readings array is a 2d array but has only the values of the current...so using this can i create a chart??

thnks

0 Kudos
Message 58 of 89
(1,075 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 59 of 89
(1,074 Views)
Yes, you can wire a numeric to a chart. You are going to have to use the index array function to get the value out of the array. I don't know which element to extract since you did not post a VI with any values. You would have to run it until you get some values, stop the VI, go to the edit menu, select Make Current Values Default, save the VI, and post that. Otherwise, just experiment with the index array function. It's pretty basic.
0 Kudos
Message 60 of 89
(1,067 Views)