From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding picture to graph...??

i want to add a picture in the background of a xy graph.i went through the examples and figured out an xample "image plots.vi". i tried adding a property node "image plot/back".there was a icon similar to the one in the example placed. right clicking on input and adding control to that propert node created an empty window in the front panel.

how do i add a picture to this window, i tried placing ,dragging, ..but the image did not get embedded into the window( like it had in the example).wen i selected the window,imported the image and tried pastin it a system error occured closing labview completely. i tried several times but every time there was the same windows error closing labview completely.i also tried the same thing in 5 other computers but the result was the same..

is it a system error or am i using the wrong procedure....?

thankyou..

satya
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,804 Views)

It looks like we are both trying to do the same thing.  I looked through the help and it says that in order to assign an image to a constant, it must be done programmaticly.  Anotherwards you can't just simply paste the image and then assign it to a constant.  That is why it prob won't work.  I am going to keep looking to see if I can figure out how to assign the picture to the constant.  They should have just had an option to right click on the constant and select assign graphics to constant (somewhat like a property node) then you could just select the graphics you wanted.  But either way I am going to keep looking.  If you figure out how to do it write back and let me know.  Thanks!

Kirk

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,791 Views)
Use the Graphics functions to read the file with the image. Use the picture functions to convert the image format to picture format. Then write that to the Plotimages.back property.

Lynn
Message 3 of 7
(2,786 Views)

Ok thanks this works well. The next question I have is I actually want to import the image and place it to the back of an Intensity graph.  The problem is the property does not exist to do this.  As I stated before, this is for an emissions scaning application.  There is x,y, and Z data so I need the intensity graph for this to work.  Any idea how I can import the image and place it to the back (translucent would be best) when using the Intensity Graph???  Thanks

Kirk

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,773 Views)

image to picture ..but watever i try to with pictures will give me control/constant options look like the same picture box....how do i insert a picture into it...??

satya

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,767 Views)

thanx lynn..tat works....:

1.read image using "jpeg read"(defining path of file)

2.convet to picture using function in pictures pallette....

using tat as back for plots.....

but..there is not explicit function to convert image to picture....right ...?  ( me usin labview 8.0)

so the othr functions we use will somehow alter the original image..

satya

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,762 Views)
I am not sure I understand your question.

The picture functions convert the image data obtained from the file from the image format to the picture format. If you look at the diagram of Draw Flattened Pixmap.vi, you will see that they take the image data and flatten it to a string data type along with some header data. It does not appear that they manipulate the pixel information.

Lynn
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,739 Views)