LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

addheader.vi

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an issue with the LabviewHTTPclient.lvlib:addheader.vi. It succesfully adds a header, but it doesn't clear the header value when presented an empty string (as described in the help file). I use it for interfacing with a RESTful webservice which requires custom headers. Now I have to close and reopen the "connection" to get rid of the old header value. Furthermore, I cannot overwrite the header: it will postfix new values to the old value.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously concerned about the Labview subscription model
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,058 Views)

Hello,

Could you send met the whole project?

Kind regards,

Corné Westeneng

Applications Engineer

NI-Netherlands

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,013 Views)

Sorry Corne, I will not upload the code. Furthermore, you need a webservice or HTTP server to communicate with. I believe it is a bug in addheader.vi that should be resolved in the next releaase of Labview.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,987 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your response. 

Is it possible for you to post the steps to reproduce the incorrect behaviour?

When I have this information I can make a CAR(corrective action request). We use CAR's to update our software.

Thanks inadvance.

Best regards,

Corné Westeneng

Applications Engineer

NI-Netherlands

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,953 Views)

Not really. I am making a user interface for the Mintouch deki webservice. It is a RESTful webservice that requires special http headers. In the image you can see you must set a header named ETag when updating a certain webservice property value. In the disabled box you see I have tried to empty the value by writing an empty string to it, which didn't work. I end up having to reset the connection to get rid of the existing ETag header value. If I don't create a new connection, the addheader.vi will just keep on concatenating old ETag values.

It has nothing much to do with my particular webservice or HTTP header name; You can try it on any http server.

ScreenHunter_19 Jul. 13 23.59.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,939 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author aartjan

Hi,

According to your information I found a CAR (corrective action request) for your problem.

So, our R&D is aware about this incorrect behaviour.

A possible workaround is: Create and destroy a client handle for each request.

Do you have enough information now?

Best regards,

Corné Westeneng

Application Engineer

NI-Netherlands

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,920 Views)

Great. That's all I wanted. The new release is pending, too.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,910 Views)