From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add an element to an existing cluster

Dear All,

I am quite new with LV 8.5, so perhaps my question is stupid.

I have started an application containing a lot of numerics in the front face.

As I need to acces some properties of these groups of numerics (caption text), I put some of them in a cluster and then I make a loop that acces to the properties.

This is working very well.

Here is my problem:

I would like to add some others numerics to this cluster, but these numerics are not "near" to the others in the front face, so the cluster square box do not permit to add them.

Is there any solution ?

Thanks for your support.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(15,668 Views)

Hi,

The easiest way to do this, is to create a reference to each numeric. Simply right-click the numeric --> Create --> Reference.

If you would like to group them (the references), you can do this by bundling them into a cluster or build an array.

regards

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(15,660 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

As far as I have understood, it means that I have to erase my first cluster, and build a new one as you described.

The problem is I have on my front face 5 tabs containing 65 numerics each.

Is there a fastest way than right clicking 325 times ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(15,650 Views)

Perhaps you should leave the front panel as it is and just use the Bundle or Bundle by Name primitives to create the cluster on the diagram.

The data structure on the diagram does not need to be the same as the control elements on the front panel.  Many times it is useful for them to be the same, but your case may be one where different is better.

Lynn 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(15,637 Views)

This example should demonstrate how you can do this relatively easily. You should note that it's just a quick example and not exactly how I would do it myself in a real application.

If you have so many numerics, though, you might wish to consider other options (e.g. using arrays or listboxes or using subVIs to avoid showing all the numeric controls in the same screen).

(15,625 Views)

I found this way, it  uses OpenG subVi to manipulate cluster variant.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(12,618 Views)