From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

actor framework

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

Where can i se the version of Actor Framework that I have on my PC?

regards Bjarne

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,545 Views)

2012 shipped with 4.0. Other 4.x versions are installed to vi.lib whereas older versions are installed to user.lib.

I assume you might be able to see the actual version if you go into the properties of the actor class, but I haven't checked.

(3,523 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Briton

Hi Bjarne.

If you are using LabVIEW2012, the Actor Framework is located at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\vi.lib\ActorFramework

For LabVIEW2011, you will find it in user.lib.

If you open the lvlib and go to properties you should be able to see the version:

version.png

If you have installed the framework using VI Package Manager you can see the version here as well:

versionPM.png

Best Regards

Alex E. Munkhaus
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
System Engineer
Message 3 of 16
(3,507 Views)

ThanksSmiley Happy

/Bjarne

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,482 Views)

Hi,

I modified the actor framework shipped example with LV2013 to add one more actor calles "Gamma", which is planned to function exactly like Alpha actor by using the time delayed send message.Unfortunately, I am getting an error regarding type casting(attached error message). I am attaching the code which is a modified example to incorporate the third "gamma" actor. 

I would really appreciate if any of you could provide me help in finding the issue.

Regards,

Manu

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,321 Views)

Added another code which duplicates the same functionality of Alpha actor. Unfortunately its producing error.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,263 Views)

Hi Manu

First I will really encourage you to post you questions in a new thread. By doing that you will post your question to the hole forum and not only to the few people that actually attended here. Very few people will monitor the post when it is marked as resolved.

As for you question I looked over you code. Seems like you get your issue here:

In Gamma Actor -> Messages for Gamma -> Do.vi 

You convert you Gamma Actor to a Type of Beta. Where you should have converted it to type Gamma.

If you look at the do message for alpha and beta that should show you how it is done correctly.

Forum AF.png

It could also be that you think Gamma Actor is a child of Beta actor and you therefor would like to convert it to the Type of Beta Actor (which is allowed), if this is what you want then the inheritance hirachi should state that Gamma Actor inherits from Beta Actor and not from Actor.

Forum AF2.PNG

Both things could be valid depending on what you actually want. Right now you are trying to convert a car to a banana and that is what LabVIEW tells you is wrong.

Best Regards

Anders Rohde | CLD | Platinum Applications Engineer | National Instruments Denmark 

Message 7 of 16
(3,241 Views)

Thanks Rohde. Attaching the new code where the issue is fixed.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,220 Views)

Hi Manucla 

Thanks for posting the code, looks good.

Good luck with starting to learn the Actor Framework. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,204 Views)

Any idea why I get type casting error now?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,195 Views)