LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

active vibration control of single flexible beam

Solved!
Go to solution

hi , im working on active vibration control of single flexible cantilever  beam , and i need to make design that help me to controlling the beam active & passive,

two control experiments with a single flexible link robot. The link is actuated in bending by two piezoelectric bonded to the surface, and the local curvature is measured by piezoelectric sensors forming a collocated sensor/actuator pair. In both experiments the joint describes the same polynomial trajectory that excites the vibration modes of the link. In the first experiment vibration control with the piezoelectric actuators is turned off, and we can observe a very long settling time of the maneuver as link oscillations are naturally damped. In the second experiment vibration control is turned on, and a significant reduction of the settling time is achieved

hardware 

1-ni cdaq 9178 

2-qp piezo 

3- piezo amplifier

4-input daq  9215

5-output daq 9263

does one of the two  vi meet my requirement 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,430 Views)

cabo,

It sounds like you're trying to read in data from some sensors; what are you trying to do with that data in LabVIEW?

Kirk L. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,387 Views)

Dear Kirk L. | ,

thanks for replay 

read data from piezoelectric  sensor which is analog signal and i would like to controled this data by pid controller or any 

automatic modification which may generate an analog output and sent it to actuator to canceling the effect of the input data then plot the input and output data

on graph  

cabo

mechanical engineering 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,368 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author s.g.cabo

cabo,

So it sounds like part of what you're trying to do is build a PID control system in LabVIEW. Fortunately, LabVIEW has a number of helpful resources for PID:

Here's one of our white papers (with tutorial files) discussing PID implementations in LabVIEW: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/6440/en/

Here's another tutorial on PID implementation using the PID.vi: http://www.ni.com/pdf/labview/us/implement-a-pid-control-system.pdf

Here's the help documentation for PID.vi itself: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361L-01/lvpid/pid_vi/

Finally, LabVIEW's example finder has a large number of PID example projects you can experiment with. Just go to Help >> Find Examples, then search "PID" and select whichever project fits your planned implementation the best.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,343 Views)

Kirk L. | ,

thank you so much the problem was solved, now i am wondering how could convert the voltage from the sensor to displacement or strain to plot it on graph

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,317 Views)

cabo,

For that calculation you'll need the documentation associated with your sensors. Their documentation should describe how the voltage readings correspond to the intended measurement type. To graph this data, you can simply drop a chart or graph on the front pannel and wire your conditioned signal to that graph.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,278 Views)