LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activate thermotron from labview

hi
i'm trying to activate my thermotron 2800 from my PC with labview.
the oven recognizes the program it is running (26) but shows thet this program has 0 intervals.
attached is my activation VI that comes after initialization of the oven for 3 sec.
I added the intervals commands in the VI.
any idea what's missing?
thanks
amose
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(6,319 Views)
can someone who worked with thermotron help me?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(6,311 Views)
I looked at your code and it looks to me that this is gonna be a subvi, I don't see a VISA Open and VISA Close function, maybe you have them included elsewhere.

About the first part of the VI, where you add a line to your command, the resulting array of strings only has two elements, the line you added (LPM26,1,V)and the fist command, the second command is lost since you deleted it from the original command string. I don't understand the purpose of this step, if you don't want to use the second command, why even include it in the original string? Maybe this is something you want to check again.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(6,296 Views)
This is a subvi.
This is not a problem of communicating with the oven. I can read parameters from the oven and even activate the program (program 26 in this example) I can even activate programs that are in the memory of the oven.
The thing that doesn't work is loading the intervals to the program. in other words, I can activate program 26 but it is an empty program with 0 intervals.
I have the feeling I am missing something with intervals command (a coma somewhere or a 0)or else I should somehow load the program differently.
Thank
amose
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(6,285 Views)
hi
i am tring to activate THEROTRON oven from my PC using Labview
i would like to be able to control the temp using GPIB connection
please let me know if you have any vi that do it
i appreciate it
thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(6,117 Views)
try these sub vi's.
one arranges an array of strings to a thermotron command and the second sends a program to the oven.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(6,113 Views)

thanks

i have an error  #1111 Release Semaphore.vi

do you know what it mean?

how do you set the GPIB adress for the thermotron?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(6,111 Views)
if you use only one vi to call the oven you can clear all the semaphore controls and actions.
this means (probably) that you did not create a semaphore at the beginning of your program.
look at the attached PDF(sorry it is ups side down) for changing the GPIB address.(quite complicated)
amose
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(6,106 Views)

Hi.  I would like to activate a thermotron SE600-6-6 using Labview.  The interfaces that I see on the machine are 2 USB ports and an RS232 port.  What is the preferred method of raising and lowering the temp chamber using Labview and are there any such VI's that already exist?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(4,500 Views)

What controller is in it?  an 8800?  Check the NI IDN Here: http://search.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/tech/lang/en/pg/1/sn/catnav:id,ssnav:sup/q/thermo...

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(4,488 Views)