LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

acquisition of heartrate from bluetooth polar wearlink

Solved!
Go to solution

This looked like a very useful vi to adapt for input to a project I'm working on, however I cannot get it to function. As it stands, it is able to detect the Polar but the bluetooth create listener function throws an error 54 when I attempt to connect to device.

Was this something anyone else ran into?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,725 Views)

Hi! First, the sensor must find and connect in the operating system Windows. Then after starting the virtual instrument Polar sensor to must be found by pressing the "Scan".

After a short while, the device must be defined in the array "Device list".

The array index must be inserted into "Numeric Control" and only then press the "Connect the device".

Sorry for my English.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,708 Views)

First off, please do not apologize for your English and thank you for your quick reply!

The device is present in the bluetooth device list within windows (Polar iWL) and is detected by the 'scan' operation. The numeric control to select the array index (it is the only one, so 0) is 0. The address (e.g., 00:03:C9:2D:A4:1F) is passed to the function, create listener which throws the error. I have noticed that the vi gets farther if 'highlight execution' is disabled, likely because of timeouts, however that doesn't explain the error thrown (malformed address). I've tried coercing the address to uppercase in case that was the issue, but that had no impact.

When it does proceed, the numeric output (labeled 'Numeric) increases, but no data is displayed and the array control is static. The output of the bluetooth read function is "" (empty string), but the error 54 is still thrown, just not caught, so I suspect this is just a failed bluetooth read.

The Polar does work with other bluetooth devices (a phone app, for example), but not with NI/Labview. It is possible that there is some problem with compatibility between the bluetooth chip and labview, but that strikes me as an odd problem, especially as the scan works fine.

Thank you!

D

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,696 Views)

Hi Kvanto and others,

thanks for creating this awesome vi! I just need some help in getting it to work:

- my Polar H7 is connected to windows as a regular bluetooth device. I can access the HR signal wth another app.

- the bluetooth.vi is running without any error, but when I press the scan button the polar H7 is not found.

Any idea what I could try?

Thanks for your help!

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,653 Views)

Found the problem myself, but no solution yet:

I run WIn7, which does not support BT4 (only Win 8.1 does)  and although I installed a BT4 dongle with new drivers,  it seems that labview always uses the original Win BT drivers and therefore cannot access the Polar belt. Looks like I have to wait for Win 10. 😞

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,620 Views)