LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access fpga register on host

Solved!
Go to solution

Is it possible to use Registers in the LabVIEW FPGA just like front panel controls / indicators?

I had difficultiy finding that option from FPGA Palette.

When I tried drag and dropping this feature in my host this is what I got?

Do I have to create a custom interface using front panel terminals to pass values to my register?

Maciej

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,999 Views)

Also I noticed that it is possible to put the reference to the Register to my front panel of the FPGA vi... but I don't know how to access it from the host,

I don't see it on the list of controls and indicatiors with the usage of property rear/write node.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,992 Views)

There is currently no support to access Registers (or Handshakes) from the host, they are target-scoped. If you need access to them on the host you will need to use some other mechanism like controls/indicators, DMA, etc. to get the values to/from the host.

Message 3 of 5
(2,983 Views)

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply.

What is the reason of being able to pull out the I/O reference than to a front panel control?

Is this in order to be able to select which register I'm working on for testing?

Regards,

Maciej

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,976 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mac671

Testing is one use case. It is also useful when you want to create reusable subVIs so you can pass different references to each call of the VI.

Message 5 of 5
(2,974 Views)