LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access database password problem

Hi,

I currently have an application where configuration settings are stored in a MS Access Database which I access using the Database Connectivity Toolkit. This all works fine, however I now need to apply a password to database.

I have applied a password to the database in Access however when I try and connect I get the error code -2147217843 and a message saying 'the workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user....'. I have tested the connection using the Data Link editor and get a similar error.

I'm using LabVIEW 8.5.1

Windows7

Jet 4

any thoughts?

David
www.controlsoftwaresolutions.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,649 Views)

[Caution - Bias showing]

I don't know what your error code -2147217843 means, but I would strongly suggest that if you do not have a lot of time and effort invested in Access that you drop it like a hot potato and find another to use. I was using Access several years ago with a Perl DBI front end and found that it had so many nonstandard idiosyncrasies that I was spending all my time changing standard SQL to Access. MySQL and PostgreSQL are good, mature products, and a bunch of other RDB programs have popped up since them, may be good, I don't know, I just continue to use MySQL.

[Back to LabVIEW stuff]

Cameron

To err is human, but to really foul it up requires a computer.
The optimist believes we are in the best of all possible worlds - the pessimist fears this is true.
Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.
An expert is someone who has made all the possible mistakes.

To learn something about LabVIEW at no extra cost, work the online LabVIEW tutorial(s):

LabVIEW Unit 1 - Getting Started</ a>
Learn to Use LabVIEW with MyDAQ</ a>
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,640 Views)
Access is a customer requirement.

I don't think that this is a LabVIEW issue as I get a connection error when I test in the UDL data link program.

I have had a colleague test this and he has the same problem so I think it is an Access quirk. I am using Access 2013 and my colleague is using 2007.

If anyone else is successfully using a password protected access database with the database connectivity toolkit please let me know.
David
www.controlsoftwaresolutions.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,605 Views)