LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access MS SQL Database from cRIO

i want to log the data from cRIO into MS SQL instead of MySQL. Any others experience on doing this? I've tried to log the data into MS SQL from cRIO, but failed. Is there any available MS SQL driver for cRIO? I've successfully log the data from Windows by using Database Connectivity Toolkit, however ideally i want to log data straightaway from cRIO. I already using TCP/IP communication but its meanly use for mysql (https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-17093). I also have go through the "SQLite" but facing problem how to make sure this vi connect to my ms sql server because there is no "IP" input.

Message 1 of 23
(4,242 Views)

there is no server/client with SQLite, thats the beauty of it.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified Professional Instructor
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23
(4,215 Views)

I ran into this same issue on a a project a little while ago and was trying to find a solution.  Im not sure if we couldnt find something or we did find something and it was pricey.  Try searching the NI tools network.  We did end up having a host application that ran on Windows that the CRIO would send info to and it logged to an SQL server.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23
(4,214 Views)

as i know cRIO writing to SQLite which can be stored in cRIO. However, I still need to send the data back to server using tcp/ip. SQLite is used as a temporary buffer to move data between cRIO to server. so it totally not my choice..

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23
(4,210 Views)

Ok. So what you probably should do is have your CRIO send data via TCP to a host application, and then in that host application write data to the SQL database.

So it will look like

CRIO->(TCP)Host Application->(Database connectivty toolkit)SQL Server

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23
(4,208 Views)

my concern why i want to access MS SQL directly from crio:

I got 4 station (will expand in future), each station got 1 crio to collecting data and manage system.

if i need to run a deamon at host that runs windows, im afraid the system will collapse or 'hang'. else i need to buy the industrial or high end spec PC to only manage the Database which is not applicable.

please advice.. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23
(4,207 Views)

Why would the system hang? You just need to design the system to service each connection independently so it can scale nicely.Ive done application that connects to multiple CRIOs at a time.  🙂 The trick would be designing your architecture to be scalable.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23
(4,205 Views)

thats why im asking here... scalable architecture, hmmm... how to make it done? huhuSmiley Embarassed

sorry i just a CLAD (expired already 2 month ago)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23
(4,200 Views)

That my friend is the ultimate question.  

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23
(4,198 Views)

ok let me rephrase my question... are there any scalable architecture example or program that u have done before? maybe can share with me...

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23
(4,196 Views)