LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about Labview VISA write

I'm trying to design a driver for an integrable tunable laser assembly (ITLA). The command summary given in the datasheet is like:

register name (command) 

channel(0×30)

pwr(0×31)

Q1. if I want to select channel 1, what should I write to the VISA write buffer?  these commands look like Arduino, I don't know how to use them in Labview. 

Q2. the laser has a customer software tool called Sunshell. the Sunshell commonly used commands have the format like: it.channel(1). it.connect(1,9600).........I tried to type this format in the string, and send to the VISA write buffer, but it didn't work.

无标题.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,947 Views)

Would need to see the manual to be sure about the command structure.

You can just write the same strings as you would with an Arduino to the VISA Write.  It just outputs the bytes in the strings.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 8
(2,941 Views)

I have attached the datasheet and application note. Could you help me have a look? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,935 Views)

Based on page 7 of the Application Guide, I would do something like this.

NOTE: I have the String To Write to use the Hex display (forgot to show that on the front panel).

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 8
(2,922 Views)

I don't quite understand what the 01 means.....so FF is the register name, AA55 is the data, but where can I find what the data represents?? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,888 Views)

@cantata2014 wrote:

I don't quite understand what the 01 means.....so FF is the register name, AA55 is the data, but where can I find what the data represents?? Thanks.

Read the manual.

From the manual page 7, it gives the structure of the data.  The first byte is a Read or Write (hence the 0x01 meaning to write).  The next byte is the register to write and the last 2 bytes are the data.  If you want to know what the data in a specific register is, go read the manual and figure it out.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,867 Views)

yes you're right. I read the manual and understood the string you posted.

can I write in this way?

channel_front.pngchannel_back.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,858 Views)

As long as your input sting there is showing the Hex display, I'd say you got it.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,854 Views)