From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

abnormal behavior of constellation graph

i am doing dqpsk in one vi then outputting my modulated signal on daq card analog output channel then reading analog input channel of daq card from where modulated signal coming then demodulating my signal in another vi. the problem i am facing is that the constellation at receiver is not stable it gets into cirles then gets stable for some time, as far as its stable i get BER=0 and when its moving around we get BER= some value. can u plz tell me why its happening and is it due to my daq card or pc?

nauman
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,882 Views)

Nauman,

What DAQ card are you using? Can you give me a model Number?  Also, it would be great if you could a post screen shot of when your receiver is not stable, a screen shot when it finally stabilizes s, and an image of what you expect to see if possible.

Regards,

Isaac S.

Regards,
Isaac S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,853 Views)

Also, can you tell what kind of cable you are using?

Regards,
Isaac S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,850 Views)

sir i am using wire with BNC connectors at the end, i think its 50 ohm impedence wire. please have a look at the attatchment. my wire look like this...

nauman
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,842 Views)

Well it may be the cable, but I'd like to know what NI DAQ card you are using and a screen shot of your constellation map would definitely be a great help!

Regards,

Isaac S

Regards,
Isaac S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,822 Views)

sir i am atatching the png of my constellation graphs, it keeps on rotating and changing, when its stable for a while i get BER=0 other wise it has some value from .5 to .2. sir i am not using NI daq card. i am using keithley kusb 3116 usb data acquisition module. i have read in its literature that vi's linked to kiethley daq card, works same as daq mx.

nauman
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,814 Views)

Could you also upload your vi code?

Regards,

Isaac

Regards,
Isaac S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos