LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a question regarding FPGA RIO analog output

I am using a FPGA RIO device and have a need to find what the current analog output is from one of AO channels.

I see that routing the analog output  in question to an avaliable analog input channel can be a solution, but I just want to query what the current output from a certain analog output channel is.

Is there a simple method or way to find out what value was written to an analog output channel last?

Any hint or help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,833 Views)

Hello Opuk,

I normally feed the analog outputs back on my input DMA channel. But then I just write the current value that is written to analog output module back to my DMA channel. In my case the analog output is also important so I enabled the error cluster on the IO node so I can see that there is a hardware failure (even open loops on the output are detected). So if there is no hardware failure I'm pretty confident (there is also not much happening between the FPGA and the analog out) that the analog output I'm writing is the values that is on the outputs.

I found no way to read the output back (I'm guessing from the register of the device), but also this would not give you a guarantee that the value is on the output.

Best regards,

Martijn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,817 Views)

@Opuk wrote:

Is there a simple method or way to find out what value was written to an analog output channel last?

If all you want to do is see what your FPGA told the output to go to, just use a DMA FIFO or front panel indicator to pass the value up.  If you want to know what your UUT is seeing, you will want to use an analog input that is tied to the pin on the UUT.  This is a concept of verifying your inputs to the UUT.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,713 Views)

Thank you so much for your response Crossrulz.

I do not understand the meaning of UUT could you kindly clarify what UUT exactly means.

If possible can you please attach a VI to demonstrate UUT is implemented.

Best Regards,

Opuk

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,612 Views)
Unit under test
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,607 Views)