LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a problem with data acquisitioning in LV 7.1 (transition from Traditional NI-DAQ to NI-DAQmx)

Hi

A small number in the scan backlog or Available Samples Per Channel in Daqmx is quite normal and not critical. But if the number increase that is not so good. This means that samples a piling up faster than you can pull data out. The reason for this is usually not the Daqmx but some other code using the daq data. If this code is delaying the intervals between each time a daq buffer read operation is performed, the result may be like your problem. I am sitting on 7.0 version now. I can take a look if post your code in 7.0

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(682 Views)

Hi Coq rouge,

Here is my code in 7.0.

It is quite complicated code because it is in phase of development.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(675 Views)
Your code is to large to get a overview. But I am quite sure your code is eating memory. Then your memory are beginning to get low your VI runs slower and slower. And this causes the Daq buffer to overflow. Because data is getting into the daq buffer faster than it is pulled out. Please insert the code I send you as shown in the picture. I am quite sure you will see that you use more and more memory as time go by.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(668 Views)

OMG!

OK, I got as far as the exit application call in sub seq 3 of 0:3 in the main sequence 2 of 0:7 and just about pulled out my hair.   

ero, to get help on this vi you will need to post a functional description (in english please) of each step.  Of course, when you do write that description- you could create a sub vi for each paragraph and you'll wind up miles ahead and probably solve your problem along the way.

Or, in other words- Take an ax and chop up that code into managable functions!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(626 Views)