LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zooming an Imaq Image

Looking for suggestions..... I am trying to fuse optical imagery with GPR data.  Have been able to generate a representative image from basic GPR data.  I am trying to zoom this resultant GPR image using the resample function to spatially match the optical image so I can fuse the data (already done).  But the large image size difference results in a greatly, and unusable,  pixelated GPR image. I am trying to correct this.  I am currently trying to convert the image into a picture control which then I have an example of good quality zooming. But then I can not use the AND/OR type functions to accomplish the fusion.  Any other thoughts on quality image zooming?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,473 Views)

Once you have a digital picture, the number of data points (pixels) you have is fixed.  Suppose you have 1000 x 1000 image, and you want to zoom it 10 times to view the center 100 x 100.  This means that you are discarding 99% of your data and need to "smear" the remaining 1% across the entire 1000 x 1000 space.  There are 2D smoothing functions that can help "de-pixelate" the resulting image (much easier to do with grey-scale than with color), but you are still forced to deal with "making up new data".  Note that there are such functions in the Vision palette.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,434 Views)

Thanks for the thoughts,

I am trying to zoom the GPR image a long way but the resample function seems to simply duplicate pixels, even though it appears to hide this with a few built in algorithms.   I know there are other methods such as using the r-squared concepts but you just confirmed that there are no other ways built into Labview…. Nuts.

Everything I always thought I knew and read about GPR, and the massive amount of data it produces, was just wrong.  As is, I don't think what I am doing useful.  Disappointed but I can't change the GPR and perhaps this is why data fusion between Optical devices and GPR is not being done.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,427 Views)