From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zeroing a Waveform Plot with a Front Panel Control

I am reading an Analog Input waveform, and have a Front Panel control button that I want to use to zero the signal plot whenever I click on the button.  I know am supposed to use invoke method or property method, but have no ideal on how to go about it.  Does anyone know what exactly am supposed to do to achieve this?

I would appreciate any help in this regard.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,276 Views)

If you are having difficulties with basic problems like this, I would suggest you work through at least the first LabVIEW tutorial series that I've got in my sig. This will save you a lot of time now and in the  future.

Cameron

To err is human, but to really foul it up requires a computer.
The optimist believes we are in the best of all possible worlds - the pessimist fears this is true.
Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.
An expert is someone who has made all the possible mistakes.

To learn something about LabVIEW at no extra cost, work the online LabVIEW tutorial(s):

LabVIEW Unit 1 - Getting Started</ a>
Learn to Use LabVIEW with MyDAQ</ a>
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,274 Views)

Camerond, if it is that basic enough to you, then you would have be more humble and kind to answer my question, rather refer me to read tutorials. If you care to know, I have gone through Labview Core 1 & 2. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,264 Views)

Hi Tebefia,

as Cameron suggested you should go through Basics courses offered for LabVIEW.

Then you would know where to find exampleVIs for LabVIEW. And you would be able to search in those huge collection of VIs for a suitable example. And then you would find that example that explains how to use charts and graphs (including clearing them)!

Btw. you should also note what kind of indicator you use, as charts and graphs behave different! (Well, you surely know about that, as you already have gone through those mentioned basics courses...)

Edited:

You should also define the word "zeroing"! Do you intend to clear a plot on a graph or do you need to subtract an offset or to multiply by zero?

The better the question the better the answer...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,255 Views)

@Tebefia wrote:

Camerond, if it is that basic enough to you, then you would have be more humble and kind to answer my question, rather refer me to read tutorials. If you care to know, I have gone through Labview Core 1 & 2. 

Good! LabVIEW Core 2, Lesson 5, pp. 5-2 to 5-4.

Oh, and graphs and charts are covered in Core 1, Lesson 4H.

It's got nothing to do with humility. guess I've always believed in the "Give a man a fish" proverb:

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and you've fed him for a lifetime (unless, of course, he doesn't like sushi -- then you also need to teach him how to cook. Smiley Wink ).

Cameron

To err is human, but to really foul it up requires a computer.
The optimist believes we are in the best of all possible worlds - the pessimist fears this is true.
Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.
An expert is someone who has made all the possible mistakes.

To learn something about LabVIEW at no extra cost, work the online LabVIEW tutorial(s):

LabVIEW Unit 1 - Getting Started</ a>
Learn to Use LabVIEW with MyDAQ</ a>
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,248 Views)